Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Halloween Decorating

Pin It

Halloween is a special Holiday for me. My birthday is 2 weeks before and so growing up I had Halloween birthday parties and have always enjoyed dressing up both myself and my home. I wish I had pictures of the grave headstones I made out of styrofoam for the front yard when I was in high school. Gotta love the big classy decorations but honestly you can't pick those up for too cheap even at Home Goods. Yes there are great sales on November 1st but who's really in the mood to spend money on Halloween decorations when it's November. One thing I did shop for on November 1st last year was princess costumes from target for my daughter for a Christmas gift. At 50% off, show up early and you'll have a huge selection of make believe clothes for your kids!





I'm always looking for a deal and free is the best. A walk through the back yard provided us with some natural (and did I mention free) supplies to add to our Halloween decor.
Dead bitter brush braches in a big vase/candle holder with orange leaves at the base. There is one giant spider and multiple little spiders attached to spiderwebs that have been pulled across branches.


Tumble weed spray painted glossy orange with foam bats cut out by my son. We're thinking of adding white ghosts soon.

Pumpkin candle in glass candle hurricane ($4 from garage sale, candle $5) with dried orange leaves and berries at bottom.

My kids carved a pumpkin at the school harvest fest. A bit early so he's going to look mighty fine by Halloween but he's helping us get in the spirit with his straw hat, added by my son.
F A L L cut out of construction paper and glued onto card stock squares. I put up pictures from Halloween's past. More pictures are on their way. Thank you to Christie Benoualid for this idea!
Linked to this party: Centsational Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I would love to hear from you!