Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bathroom Shower Curtains with Reclaimed Wood

Pin It
bathroom shower curtain reclaimed wood

I have a 7 year old son, 4.5 year old daughter and a 2 year old son.  There's not much of a thing called privacy in my house.  Thinking of my future and it's potential need of privacy, I decided to add a "shower curtain" to my master shower.



I used scrap wood taken from an old bench that my friend Kristy tried to burn down in 2000.  It was cool looking wood and I just couldn't throw it away.  So here we are, ten years later and it found it's second life.  Dan is just happy to get it out of his garage.  The curtains are sheers from IKEA.  The hooks are a couple bucks each from Home Depot.  The two dragonfly hooks on the wall outside the door to my shower are three or four bucks from Home Depot too.  Works out great for a towel and robe when taking a shower.

So here's the before:

...and the after:

On another note, our new dog Kevin has taken to chasing our beloved Milton Bradley, 10 1/2 year old Maine Coon.

  I'm gonna seek the advice of a professional on this one folks.  Kinda scary.


And can you believe tis the season?  Have you gotten your first Christmas card in the mail yet?  Our first arrived a couple days ago, ....thanks Anna!  I wanted to remind you of a fun way to display your cards:
Here's a link to my blog about my Holiday Card Display.

9 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog but what a trip it has been so far! I really like your ideas. We do not use shutters in Norway but I would have done something similar if we did. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the privacy curtain! Awesome idea! And your main coon is not looking too happy about the antics of his former sibling. haha
    We have a main coon too. They are cool cats! I hope you can make it my soon to be planned and prepared for Valentines tea party! :)
    See you Wed. at yoga! ;)
    michon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the shower curtain with the wonderful wood board/rod. The Maine Coon is so handsome. I love the name..is there a story behind Milton Bradley's name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Milton Bradley the entrepreneur was from Maine. Thus, Milton Bradley the Maine Coon. He's a great cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an ingenious idea! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea, going to do this over my french doors leading to my courtyard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. How to Clean a Shower Curtain without Taking It Down

    ReplyDelete

  8. Some people could also be under the impression that as long as large renovations aren't being made, it's not as imperative that a professional remodeler be used . this is often completely false. It doesn't matter whether an area is being added on or an easy repair is being made within the kitchen, the knowledge of the transforming contractor will ultimately decide the standard of the work that's completed.
    handyman Little Rock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where due I find the sheer bathroom curtain that hangs by individual hooks on a piece of wood?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I would love to hear from you!