Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Plants Hanging from Ladder

Pin It



I found this old ladder for a couple bucks at a thrift store. Using plant hooks and wire, I attached it to the ceiling over my bathtub.


The plant hooks are secured with toggle bolts per instructions from package.



In a previous house I used garage bike hooks in the ceiling studs. The toggle bolts make it easier to secure the hooks in a convenient spot. Hardware stores commonly have plant hanging extenders. This is basically a big metal S so that your plants aren't too high. Use caution when selecting your variety of plants for this location. I used to hang my poinsettia (one of my favorites) above my bathtub. I thought it would be a good location so my cats would stop feasting on this poisonous treat. Then I knocked my head on the plant, shaking off some of the leaves into the bath water where my kids were soaking. That bath came to an abrupt end. Old ladders can be fun display tools. I've used this same ladder in another house to hold the hand towels in the guest bath. Ladders can also be used to hold magazines, newspapers, blankets.....I'd love to hear more ideas for old ladders!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Now every time I see a ladder I will be trying to think of what I can hang it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know if you come up with something fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I would love to hear from you!