Thursday, August 11, 2011

Time For a New Entry Way Chandelier

Pin It

It's time.  It's time to say good-bye to the last of the chandeliers that came with my house.



The giant chandelier in my dinning room I replaced with a couple Rutbo Pendant lights from Ikea.  Another one in our kitchen eating area we removed and never replaced because anything hanging would block our mountain view.  (Perhaps a short but wide drum lamp would work?)  The entry way chandelier is the last one left and I'm ready to find it's perfect magical replacement.  I walk through the lighting section at Home Depot and Lowes with Dan but neither one of us likes anything enough to spend the money.
upcycle entry way chandelier makeover

Today I came across this goodwill light make-over post over at Bower Power and I'm totally inspired to find something at a thrift store and up cycle it!

Here is Katie's before:
And her after:

I'm thinking of doing something clever with the old chandelier like painting it and hanging it in my office or my daughter's room.  I don't want to have to buy all new lamp shades so I may try painting them as well.  Anyone have any luck with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I would love to hear from you!