Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome To My Home!

Pin It

Welcome to my home!

My house has a very open floor plan.  I like roominess but I crave intimacy.  It's a fine line.  I'm in search of a new light for my entry way, but have plans for the current chandelier.  You can see how I blocked off one of the openings to my dining room with a buffet, plants and a hanging window.  The double doors on the right lead to my office.  

This is the view upon entering my front doors.  Again I have blocked off another opening with a piece of furniture.  The rubber plant above it is thriving and is a piece of art in itself.  I hope to someday find an old leaded window or stained glass to hang above the plant under the archway (not pictured).  The rocking horse I found for twenty bucks at a local thrift shop.  This find had me on a thrift shop high for nearly a month.  It's taken my three kids on many adventures.


Continue on my home tour 

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! You should do a tutorial on the mirrors in the guest bedroom (in the continued section of the post)...the ikea ones you added decorative elements to w/metal paint & rusting medium? I would be interested in trying that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a very similar process on the shutter head board as well. I will post a blog about this....great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I would love to hear from you!