Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bookcase Dollhouse

Pin It






My almost four year old daughter was not interested in receiving a dollhouse for Christmas. "Maybe next year, Mom." I had hoped to get one for her this year because I like to decorate them and set up all the furniture (of course). But she made it pretty clear that she was not interested. Our snowy day activity this week was turning two of her bottom shelf cubbies into two rooms for her dolls. Using scrapbook paper, magazine pictures, cardboard, tape and scraps of ribbon and fabric we put together two cute little rooms that satisfied my need to decorate on a smaller scale. My daughter had fun picking the paper print and color of fabric. My son drew pictures to hang on the walls. She now uses the little rooms to play with and display her little dolls. The bed is made from gift boxes that I cut and taped and covered in fabric. The wicker chairs were mine when I was young.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I would love to hear from you!